Friday, June 3, 2011

Percocet and Protein Pudding

June 3, 2011
So, It has been quite a while since I’ve written anything  bloggy. I’ve been a slacker, but I must admit, finishing up a 20 credit semester while working two jobs was not easy, and I was actually starting to lose it a little bit. So what’s new? Well, now I am officially a college graduate and I have already quit one of my two jobs. Being a spa PR manager sounded really cool when I signed up for it, but it was on top of a 40 hour a week job and didn’t pay nearly enough for the crap I had to put up with. I didn’t leave on bad terms, so I hope one day I’ll be able to get a good reference out of the guy… I won’t be surprised if I don’t though.

NOW WHAT?!

College is over, and I’m working the regular old nine to five type job that pays my bills. Not too much fun going on here. I also realized that I’m losing some of my wit, so I really need to start writing again. Life is no joke—you expect to be able to wave around a piece of paper that says “Bachelor Degree” on it, and magically get your dream job. Apparently, this is erroneous. If anyone has any advice on this matter, I will gladly take it J

Right now, as I’m typing, I’m compulsively scratching my face. Two days ago I got all four of my impacted wisdom teeth extracted, and it has been NO FUN WHATSOVER. I thought beforehand: I’ll get to eat ice cream all day ad be on pain killers and be waited on, Yes! This was not so. I am getting sick of ice cream and pudding, but they are literally the only thing I can get down. My mouth is so swollen, and my friend D compared me to a family guy character. L

I haven’t really brushed my teeth in 2 days, and I just want this all to be over with. My Percocet’s are not fun; they just make me loopy and dizzy. (It is kinda fun telling my mom I’m stoned. Ha ha.) Right now, I feel the percs in my system making me triple check every word I write…. I’m sure there will be some spelling/grammatical errors throughout this – I blame the meds, but don’t be shy about pointing them out!

I hope everyone’s summer is off to as good of a start as mine! Haha. There are good things going on though… D and I are trying to start our own cleaning business, so if anyone knows anyone who needs a shore house cleaner—Please send them our way! I’m counting down the days till B and I go to Harry Potter World in Universal Studious (I’m so stoked!!!) AND B has 2 interviews this week; I’m so proud of him, and hope he finds a job he loves. Things are going and going well. I will try to keep up writing more than once every other month. I need to sharpen my skills, plus I simply enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment